Thursday 18 October 2012

Weekly Fashion News


For my degree I have to find and report back weekly fashion news, so I've decided to report my favourites on my blog. 
This week my favourite is the McDonalds VS Prada story, when I first read this title I was quite confused, as you would be. The story is actually about McDonalds being pushed out of it's premium location at Milan's Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II shopping arcade, a position the fast food chain has held for over 20 years. The Prada boutique is the second in this beautiful location.
Now, you can see the reasoning behind the city of Milan wanting this fabulous location to remain exclusive to stores such as Louis Vuitton and Gucci but McDonalds is now seeking a pay out of €24 million from the city of Milan in "damages over unfair public tender allegations" the chain has claimed that there are clauses in their contract that states that the restaurant was "exempt from closure".
"We don't want to fight with the city, but we were kicked out unfairly" Italian McDonalds Chief Executive Robert Masi told the Financial Times. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers